What Optimal Financial Consultancy can offer you
Optimal Financial Consultancy offer a range of services to clients, in addition to leading edge Excel design and build including:
- Dashboard specification and design - bringing together strategic insight and world class Excel skills, OFC will work with management to identify the key components for a reporting dashboard that gives an instant view of the key stats for the period.
- Model design - create an outline of client modelling needs through a thorough analysis and discussions with operational management. OFC model design is innovative, creative and user centric.
- Model build - powerful and flexible models, delivered with full documentation. Unlike other developers, OFC do not tie clients down to a specification at the earliest opportunity. Our creative ideas, and our dialogue with you will continue through the build stage. Our models are built to enable flexibility. Your strategy is not static, and neither should your business model be.
- Model audit - comprehensive review of the client's own models to identify issues and to identify opportunities to improve functionality and design.
- Model parallel build - where the client has a financial significant and complex modelling requirement OFC will develop a model that the client can compare against a separately developed internal or third party model.
- Spreadsheet audit - OFC can audit the organisation's use of Excel, identifying business critical spreadsheets, and ensuring that these are documented, optimised and protected against misuse and against the loss of key personnel.
- Spreadsheet standards - OFC can produce a Spreadsheet Development Manual tailored to the clients environment. This will improve spreadsheet design, reduce the risk of loss of key staff and reduce the risk of errors.
- Skill Development Workshops - professional development workshops that are guaranteed to improve efficiency, reduce risk and transform reports.
- Skills testing - OFC can assess candidates Excel knowledge and development skills as part of the recruitment process
We will also work with you to prepare the business case for any of our services.
OFC view Excel as a critical business tool, but one that cause significant problems to the organisation if there are insufficient controls or poor design. The OFC approach is to encourage innovation and creativity in designing and creating spreadsheets, while ensuring that the organisation can have confidence in data integrity. We welcome the opportunity to work in partnership with organisations to achieve a safe, stable and creative Excel environment.