Strategic Business Reporting and Modelling
Optimal Financial Consultancy Limited (OFC) offer expert strategic financial modelling, spreadsheet audit and optimisation services and management reporting services. We can harness the power of Excel to build models that exceed customer expectations. OFC's expertise has been built up over a number of years, and in a range of industries. Assignments include:
- Payroll recalculation model built for a social care organisation. Payroll calculation issues going back six years were discovered during a system migration. The cost of reprocessing each payment for each employee for the 6 years (approximately 20,000 payments) externally would have been significant. An Excel application was built which took data from the old and obsolete (DOS based!) system and a series of calculations were created to cover all tax code and NI scenarios. The output was then verified on a sample basis by independent accountants.
- Contract profitable model build for a private equity backed social care provider. The model provided a dashboard showing contract profitability for a new and strategically important contract. The contract involved the TUPE transfer of staff and services, as well as a significant staff recruitment programme, and the pace of staff recruitment was dependent upon third party referrals. The model calculated the recruitment and training requirements based on different referral scenarios. These scenarios could then be selected by the client from the dashboard, giving an instant graphical view of the chosen scenario.
- Staff utilisation model built for a project research organisation. The model imported data from three sources in order to calculate chargeable and non chargeable time on a rolling 24 month basis, and has contributed towards a significant reduction in non chargeable time.
- Reporting suite built for a recruitment and executive search group. To address limitations in the general ledger reporting functionality, an Excel reporting suite was created which imported the trial balance generated customised monthly management reports, as well as producing year end statutory accounts and schedules.
- Business model built for a recruitment and executive search group. Comprehensive business model built from individual recruiter targets, and including working capital assumptions to enable accurate cash flow forecasting. The model included rules to drill down to daily cash flow for any month.
- Developments and funding model for a care home group. Built a whole business model which included scenarios for each of the homes with development potential. Model enabled multiple development packages to be assessed, and included a calculation of debt finance required for each scenario.
- Acquisitions model for a healthcare recruitment and consultancy business. Built a model to simultaneously model the impact of three potential acquisitions, and to assess the impact on bank covenants. The model was audited by PWC on behalf of RBS.
- Space utilisation model for a further education college. Developed a model to calculate the space requirement of a major redevelopment programme.